Homework
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Homework

2015/16 Tutorial Assignments

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Register  Log in  

Chem HW due 11/3:

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ST_TaraM

ST_TaraM

Chem HW due 11/3: Empty
PostSubject: Chem HW due 11/3:   Chem HW due 11/3: EmptyTue 27 Oct 2015, 8:05 am

Due November 3rd:

1.              You are welcome to rework any missed balancing problem on the test. They are due Friday by 5 pm.

2.              Finish reading module 5.

3.              Complete review questions 8-10.

4.              Complete practice problems 6-10.

5.              Use the following link to visualize the relationship between grams, moles and atoms. 
  http://www.chem.iastate.edu/group/Greenbowe/sections/projectfolder/flashfiles/stoichiometry/solid_atoms.html

With each element, move the slider on the mass until you have gotten close to the element’s atomic mass. Once you get close to that number, you should note that the number of moles should be close to 1, and that the number of atoms should be close to 6.02 x 10 to the 23rd power. Go through this activity once for each element’s amu, and then select an additional mass for each element. On your homework page, write down the mass that you select for each element (they should all be different) and the number of moles that mass corresponds to.

For example, if I select Magnesium and move the slider to read 73.0 grams as the mass, I will see that I have 3.00 moles of Magnesium.

Remember....the concept of a mole is simply the mass in grams of any element that will comprise 6.02 x 1023 atoms of that element.
Back to top Go down

Chem HW due 11/3:
Page 1 of 1