Home  Register  Log in  

Share | 

Homework due Feb. 9, 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ST_KrissyN

PostSubject: Homework due Feb. 9, 2016   Wed 03 Feb 2016, 11:19 am

* Tweeting Gatsby 
   Come up with 15-20 "tweets" from the perspective of your character in The Great Gatsby. (If you forget which character you chose in class, please email me.) Remember that a "tweet" is 140 characters long, including spaces and punctuation. Although I will not be counting characters in your tweets, aim to keep them to this approximate size. You may use typical Twitter language in your tweets if you like, for example u=you; ur=your, you're; 2 = to, two, too, and so forth. 
   Note that not everything your character tweets needs to come directly from events that happen in the book. You may get creative and fill in thoughts and actions from your character that are not mentioned in the book. However, please make sure that, when you get creative, what you write fits with both your character's personality in the book and the events in the book. Your character's tweets should also cover a span of time from the events at the beginning of the book up through the end of chapter 8. 

* Read chapter 8 of The Great Gatsby. Complete the study guide pages in the packets that were handed out in class. 

* Analyzing color in The Great Gatsby: Choose TWO colors/color groups from this list
   green
   cream, gold, yellow
   white
   gray
   blue

For each of your two colors/color groups, answer the following questions:
   1. When you think of this color/color group, what images come to your mind?
   2. List 5 abstract nouns or adjectives that come to mind when you think of this color/color group
   3. Find at least 3 separate examples in the text where your color is mentioned. Copy down the line and note what chapter and page that line is in the text. 
  4. Write a paragraph analyzing how Fitzgerald has used your color as a symbol in the story. Use concrete details from the book to support your analysis. 

Although I will be away next week (remember, you will have a sub for class), I will continue to (mostly) be available via email, so please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.
Back to top Go down

Homework due Feb. 9, 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Homework :: Language Arts :: American Literature-
Jump to: