Homework
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Homework

2015/16 Tutorial Assignments

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Register  Log in  

Writing HW due SUNDAY, FEB. 14TH:

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ST_Terri

Writing HW due SUNDAY, FEB. 14TH:   Empty
PostSubject: Writing HW due SUNDAY, FEB. 14TH:    Writing HW due SUNDAY, FEB. 14TH:   EmptyTue 09 Feb 2016, 4:45 pm

HW:  Do in the following order/*EMAIL YOUR 6th ESSAY TO ME BY SUNDAY NIGHT, FEBRUARY 14th, BY MIDNIGHT!
1) IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU NEED SOME EXTRA HELP…PLEASE CONTACT ME & I WOULD BE HAPPY TO MEET WITH YOU SOMETIME THIS WEEK ONE ON ONE.  IF YOU’RE NOT READY TO DO THAT JUST YET, THEN YOU MIGHT WANT TO RE-READ, STUDY, & APPLY THE FOLLOWING TO THIS WEEK’S ESSAY: 
            a.  Format for the 5 Paragraph Essay & Tips
            b.  5 Par. Essay Rubric
            c.  Helps & Tips for Improving Your Essay
            d.  Five Paragraph Essay Booklet (23 pages)
            e.  Tips on How to Write a Good Conclusion (Handout that I gave you)

2) Read p. 165-202 (ch. 13-14)
 3) Answer the following essay question THOROUGHLY: 
Contrast the stark differences between how Jean Louise feels about the Negro “situation” vs. “Maycomb” as a whole. 
4) Vocabulary Words:  Be sure to use 3 of the 7 following vocabulary words in your essay (SEE RUBRIC #14) – YOU MAY USE ANY FORM OF THE WORD, JUST BE SURE YOU ARE USING IT CORRECTLY AND IN CONTEXT. 
     a.  insolence (n.) – arrogance; brazenly impudent (p. 166)
     b.  devoutly (adv.) – displaying piety or reverence (p. 167)
     c.  covey (n.) – a small group of people (p. 171)
     d.  runnels (n.) – a narrow channel or course (p. 175)
     e.  mongrelize (v.) – to cross between two different breeds; of mixed origin (p. 176)

f.   watchman (n.) – one who stays awake at night while serving as a guard; to keep vigil as a religious or devotional exercise (p. 181-82)
     g.  abetting (v.) – to incite, encourage or assist especially in wrongdoing (p. 178)
Back to top Go down

Writing HW due SUNDAY, FEB. 14TH:
Page 1 of 1