Homework
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Homework

2015/16 Tutorial Assignments

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Register  Log in  

Homework due Dec. 1. 2015

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ST_KrissyN

Homework due Dec. 1. 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Homework due Dec. 1. 2015   Homework due Dec. 1. 2015 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2015, 1:13 pm

* Finish reading Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass (chapter 11 and the appendix).

* Answer the comprehension and analysis questions on page 68 of your study guide. 

Note that the poem, "A Parody," is at the very end of the appendix, and yes, it IS a parody of a hymn that was popular at the time. They Hymn is called "Heavenly Union," and you can listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIZQPMDVWo4

* Begin working on  your essay over one of the topics handed out in class. Note that the final essay is not due until December 8th, but we will be workshopping the essays in class on Dec. 1st. You will need to have the following with you in class on the 1st:
      -Your brainstorming materials, including your ten questions and your research about your topic. (Much of your research may consist of highlighted passages from the text. This is fine; just have them marked with sticky notes or bookmarks or something so they are easy for you to access quickly.)
      -A working thesis statement. (By working thesis statement I mean: have a thesis statement, but know that you might need to change or modify it as you work on your essay.)
      -Your introductory paragraph. Since you will still be in the first draft stage, this does not need to be perfect. A good first draft will do. Please focus on coming up with a good hook and a final sentence that will transition well into your next paragraph.
     -An outline of the rest of your essay.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

I hope you all have a wonderful break. I am thankful for each of you!
Back to top Go down

Homework due Dec. 1. 2015
Page 1 of 1