Homework
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Homework

2015/16 Tutorial Assignments

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Register  Log in  

Art Homework due 4/19

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ST_ReneeB

Art  Homework due 4/19 Empty
PostSubject: Art Homework due 4/19   Art  Homework due 4/19 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2016, 10:45 pm

1. Finish your sculpture painting. Be sure to put your best effort into this one. You want to capture and recreate the artist's work on your sculpture. You want to imitate the brush strokes and the colors  and the feel of the artists work as close as you possibly can. There is a saying that "imitation is the highest form of flattery." All of it needs to be covered and no white primer should be exposed. Do your best to not bend the sculpture or damage it. You will be graded on the following:

- Student recreated a 3D version of a chosen artists work

- good use of space overall 

- Work shows skill in using paints : application of color is even and captures the feel of the artists original work

- sculpture is completely covered and no white from the background is showing

- Craftsmanship: Student took time to develop idea, work doesn't look rushed, student followed directions.

- Work turned in on time

These are due next week!

2. On a separate piece on paper answer the following  about the artists work you chose for your sculpture.

- the title of the work you chose
- name of the artist, where he was born, what year he was born, year he died.
- name of art movement the artist was a part of, ( for example Impressionist)
- write a brief explanation of why you chose the art work for the sculpture project. Think about how that particular art work connected to you personally. Was it the feeling the painting conveyed?, the colors?. Be descriptive about this and write more than one sentence!
- find a quote from the artist

3. As I mentioned in class, you should start thinking about what art work you want to display. Next week I will need to see the 3 pieces of art you are considering. Bring them to class. next week even if you are still working on working on it.

4. Be sure to read over the Extra Credit Rubric I passed out in class and if there is anything you don't  understand please let me know.

5. For class next week, check out these links on deconstructed books

http://hyperallergic.com/40296/louisa-boyd-book-art/
http://homesthetics.net/old-books-carved-intricate-narrative-sculptures-brian-dettmer/
http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2015/03/cut-books-wildenboer/

6. Bring your sketch books, notebooks and art supplies. We will be doing something in class, so be sure to have all your supplies minus your paints and brushes unless you are working on the sculpture.

Have a great week !
Back to top Go down

Art Homework due 4/19
Page 1 of 1