Homework
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Homework

2015/16 Tutorial Assignments

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Register  Log in  

Art Homework 2/23

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ST_ReneeB

Art Homework 2/23 Empty
PostSubject: Art Homework 2/23   Art Homework 2/23 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016, 10:32 pm

Hi all, i know that class felt quite rushed today and we didn't get everything done I hoped that we would. I want to encourage you to make sure that you are checking out the websites that I post and it will help to clarify some things that weren't so clear in class., especially when it come to figure drawing.

1. If you did not go to the websites posted last week, refer to the homework post and complete the drawings in your notebooks.

2. Review the worksheets that I passed out in class. Remember the idea when drawing people by breaking the human figure into simple geometric forms, helps to get the proportions of the human figure in the right place, or at least that's the goal.

3. Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrGnMar2pAIĀ  This video give an demonstration/ explanation of gesture drawing. You can also go to the website I posted last week and review about gesture drawing there and refer to the handouts as well.

4. Find a volunteer that can pose for you or find photos from magazines and do the following gesture figure drawings in your sketchpad and set a timer of 2 to 3 minutes per drawing. Details aren't important, the goal is to very quickly get the pose of the figure down quickly as possible. Do not draw small figures, one figure per page.Use your graphite pencil (the one with the softest lead for this drawing exercise. Mix it up by drawing men, women, boys, girls if possible. If you aren't sure how to have your live model pose look at the paper that has all the different poses on it for ideas. This may seem like a lot of work but the drawings are only going to be about 2 to 3 minutes at the most.

Wednesday - draw 4 standing figures with different poses but not a whole lot of action.

Thursday - draw 4 figures showing movement.

Friday - draw 4 figures showing movement

Monday - draw 4 more figures

There should be a total of 16 figure drawings in your sketchbook.

5. I will be leaving a box for sketchbooks next week in the temporary "Bat Cave" please be sure to leave your sketchpads so I can see your sketches.

6. Bring your sketchbooks, notebooks, pencils all other art supplies except your paints. Also we will finish putting together the moving tessellations.

One more thing, try to be to class on time next week, so we can get as much time in as possible. Smile
Back to top Go down

Art Homework 2/23
Page 1 of 1