Homework
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Homework

2015/16 Tutorial Assignments

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Register  Log in  

Homework due Sept. 15, 2015

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ST_KrissyN

Homework due Sept. 15, 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Homework due Sept. 15, 2015   Homework due Sept. 15, 2015 EmptyWed 09 Sep 2015, 9:47 am

* Complete the worksheet that we began in class on misplaced and dangling modifiers.

* Re-read the excerpt from Christopher Columbus’ “Journal of the First Voyage to America” (pp. 60-62).  Now, rewrite this passage as it might have been told from the perspective of one of Columbus’ crew members writing in a personal journal. I will email you the grading rubric for this assignment so you will know what I am looking for. *If you do not receive the email with the grading rubric by 5 p.m. Wednesday, or if you have trouble opening the attachment, let me know ASAP. 

*Read pages 66-67 in your anthology and look at the questions under "activity" on the bottom of page 67. Prepare for in-class discussion on the first question (Do you think it is appropriate that real people and events are often turned into entertainment? Should certain people and situations be off-limits?) In order to prepare for discussion, spend some time thinking about the question and looking at it from different points of view. It would be great if you discussed the question with your parents and/or siblings and friends and got their points of view as well. 

* Read pages 68-75 in your anthology. Answer the critical reading questions on page 75. 

*READ the  "I Am From" poems that were handed out in class. For each poem, decide which line/sentence is the best one of that poem, and circle or underline it. Bring these to class.

* Write your own "I Am From" poem. Please bring TWO TYPED copies of your poem to class with you, as we will be doing peer-critiquing.

Have a great week!
Back to top Go down

Homework due Sept. 15, 2015
Page 1 of 1