Homework
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Homework

2015/16 Tutorial Assignments

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Register  Log in  

Art homework due 9/22

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ST_ReneeB

Art homework due 9/22 Empty
PostSubject: Art homework due 9/22   Art homework due 9/22 EmptyTue 15 Sep 2015, 7:38 pm

For next week:

1. Finish any positive negative worksheets you have and the drawing warm up sheets.

2. In your sketchbook divide one page in half, use a ruler or eyeball it. You will watch 2 videos, and following the instructions you will complete 2 positive negative exercises on the page you divided in half. Draw them in pencil first then fill in with sharpie. Be sure that both are completely filled in with sharpie.

3.[url=http://artinspired.pbworks.com/w/page/13819678/Positive and Negative Space]http://artinspired.pbworks.com/w/page/13819678/Positive%20and%20Negative%20Space[/url]

Once you get to the website, on the right hand side upper corner is the navigation for the website, scroll down to  positive negative click on it and it will take you to the page you need to get to. If you have any problems let me know.

[url=http://artinspired.pbworks.com/w/page/13819678/Positive and Negative Space][/url]

Read through the information on the page. Look at the exercise labeled 160. Read through the directions before you get started, to get an idea of what you will be doing. There are a few things I want to add to this exercise to help you with it. Gather together a group of things for your drawing. I would use things like;  a pair of scissors, a ruler, a bottle of glue laying on it's side, a calculator, etc. anything that fits in the school supply category and you'll need enough items to create interesting negative space. Find a piece of white copy paper, lay that down first as a plain background  and arrange those items on that. Be sure to overlap some items and have some touching each other and some laying partially off the paper. The idea is to create interesting negative space shapes. A bird's eye view is  going to work best for this exercise. Looking at the arrangement of the items from above (you may have to stand for this one), on the sketch paper I gave you in pencil draw the shapes of the negative spaces, not the items. See the example and you'll notice what I'm talking about.  Once you are finished drawing, instead of paint you will be using one color from your oil pastels ls to fill in the negative spaces. Be sure to fill those spaces in solidly. Make sure your work is neat. Go over the pencils lines with a black oil pastel.

4. For next week bring the following: sketchbook, notebook, drawing pencils, erasers, sharpeners, glue, and scissors.

5. Be sure to drop off your sketchbook in the basket as early as second period and before 4th period.

See you next week, if you have any questions, let me know.
Back to top Go down

Art homework due 9/22
Page 1 of 1