Homework
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Homework

2015/16 Tutorial Assignments

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Register  Log in  

Writing HW due SUNDAY, MARCH 20th:

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ST_Terri

Writing HW due SUNDAY, MARCH 20th: Empty
PostSubject: Writing HW due SUNDAY, MARCH 20th:   Writing HW due SUNDAY, MARCH 20th: EmptyTue 01 Mar 2016, 12:35 am

Writing Homework due SUNDAY, March 20th: 

1)  Answer the “Prequel” questions to get your brain juices flowing on how to choose a topic for your research paper.  COPY & PASTE QUESTIONS & THEN TYPE YOUR ANSWERS.  This is the handout that I gave you in class!  Seriously consider before you answer!  (See example)

2)  Read handout on CHOOSING A STRONG RESEARCH TOPIC.

3)  Go to this site and read “CHOOSE A TOPIC” (this will give you many great topic suggestions and ideas, etc.) http://www.library.illinois.edu/ugl/howdoi/topic.html

4)  Read Research Paper Procedure High School book (EDITION 2)
           a.  p. 27-33 (Topic Selection and Narrowing the Topic)
           b.  p. 15-24 (Resources) *(NOTE:  if your page #'s do not line up, it means that you have the WRONG BOOK!) 

5)  Follow High School Research Paper Rubric #1 precisely
           a.  Type everything out
           b.  So…type ALL questions and THEN your answers! (See example)
           c.  Be sure to have your correct heading in the upper left hand corner as always!

6)  “Field Trip” - Go to the library-check out books, make copies of magazine articles, etc.  My suggestion is to start with 10 sources…trust me, you will weed some out!

7)  BE SURE TO DO YOUR PRELIMINARY READING OF ARTICLES, ETC. (If you are bored or falling asleep, DO NOT choose that topic…choose one that you are genuinely interested in, PASSIONATE about and LOVE!)  study

Cool  CHOOSE WISELY…YOUR TOPIC & RESOURCES!  “The early bird might get the worm, but it’s the 2nd mouse who gets the cheese!”   (In other words, you want to be the 2nd mouse…be patient and be smart, because the 1st mouse is dead! LOL)  Shocked

9)  Email me your homework on Mar. 20th, Sunday by midnight.
     a.   Prequel questions & answers
     b.   Research Paper Rubric #1 questions

10) On March 22nd, bring to class…
          a.  Your Research Paper Procedure High School (Second Edition) by Amy M. Kleppner
                ISBN 075600331-8 (Imperative that it is the SECOND EDITION; IF YOU GET A DIFFERENT ONE, YOU WILL BE LOST IN CLASS! MAKE SURE YOU GET THE RIGHT BOOK!)
          b. Label your folder WITH POCKETS with your name on the outside.
          c. Inside your folder, include…
               1)  3 x 5 LINED note cards
               2)  4 x 6  LINED note cards
          d. Bring your books, printed resources from the internet, etc.  See #8 on rubric.  (Minimum of 5 sources/Maximum of 10)

HAPPY SPRING BREAK! P.S.  My wish would be to give you absolutely no homework...but reality speaks!  flower
Back to top Go down

Writing HW due SUNDAY, MARCH 20th:
Page 1 of 1